Sunday 6 December 2015


Being edgy.




           Back Field Corner   Oils on gessoed watercolour paper   6 x 4 inches   



Number 5 in the arable series.  The end of our garden opens onto arable fields and we have a gap in the trees to enjoy the view across towards the Trent Valley.  The choice of vertical format takes in a small part of this farmland at the edge of the field bounded by a hawthorn hedge and rough grasses.  The land rises up and then down to the river Till.  

I have painted this subject before when the crops are golden and also with stubble and furrow.  Today the outlook is quite dull...in fact I might have overlooked it but it is how life is sometimes.  The plain and ordinary has no lesser place in my heart as a painter and it gives me a chance to add my own bits of sparkle to make the painting 'pop'.








No comments:

Post a Comment