Saturday 12 December 2015


Take 2.





    Across the Lake   Two oil studies on canvas   3 x 3.5 inches each   


Tiny pieces of fun.  I found these simple little canvases on a wood frame in the paint shop and thought it would be a challenge to paint a landscape on them.    It was an interesting exercise to use the same size brushes as my larger pieces and certainly challenged my patience but I persevered.

I found the paintings came together when I applied more oil and refrained from fiddling.  Pretty much the same lesson I have learned with all my work.  I did have a little sculpt with a smaller brush to shape the drizzly bit of reflection and I painted around the sides to finish.

         They have dried now and the next question is....do I let them out into the world?

                                      Why not?...they are honest little studies.

          Offered as a pair they can stay together or be given as gifts.  Special price offer. 

Here are larger images of these two little ones...



                       Across the Winter Lake   Oils on canvas   3 x 3.5 inches





                                    Frozen Lake   Oils on canvas   3 x 3.5 inches


No comments:

Post a Comment