Monday 11 January 2016


Long hot summer.




           Track past the Wheatfield   Oils on canvas board   5 x 7 inches   


Walking with Whippet along the track to the river I pass the side of a wheatfield.  The ripened corn glows in the warmth of the sun and the trees in full leaf shade us from the wind.  At the end of this track the way turns left through a large copse before reaching the river bank.  Buzzards fly here and I can hear their mewing cries above me.


Studio musings...

Viewers may have seen this track before as I frequently paint the scene.  I like to study the changing seasons noting the shapes and colours in the fields.  Full leaf cover can be a challenge for painting but there are many colours and tonal exercises to be tried.

Winter brings new shapes and I always look forward to the bare branches.  The tips have a violet pink tinge when in sunlight...a promise of the new spring growth.

I shall take my camera and get a few reference photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment