Sunday 24 January 2016


Precipitation




             Storm over the Bank   Oil study on canvas board   6 x 6 inches   


Stormy skies interest me.  I like the texture and colours.  Not for me the bright postcard blue of a clear day...I want a little grey drama in my work.  This is the second study in my sandbanks series.   




Studio Musings...

Allowing my mind to wander with the brush following behind I can get carried away with ideas.  Not specific advance thought out ideas but ideas which sometimes come from 'happy accidents'.  This work had several accidents.

I may begin painting a sky with blue and then change to purple or dark grey.  In fact grey (or gray for some) is a wonderful colour.  It can make other colours 'pop' or settle some bright areas of a painting to give a 'resting place' for the viewer's eye. 

 It can be subtle or strong...there are many shades of grey.




No comments:

Post a Comment