Saturday 16 January 2016


Studious.



            Study by the Cricket Till   Oils on canvas board   7 x 5 inches   


The Cricket Till runs beside the River Till and is a small stream collecting water from the surrounding farmland.  This part is on my right as I walk up to the steep river bank.

Occasionally the water is covered with bright green duck weed and gives the appearance of a narrow path.  The sun was shining on the grass bank as it meandered to the right.

                                                            Studio Musings...

I was quite pleased with how my tonal study had progressed and intended letting it dry to add further colours to the red, blue and white.

However, I decided to begin another painting of the same scene and keep this study for posting on-line.   I rarely post a monochrome tonal study as a 'stand-alone' piece but I like the simplicity.  Tomorrow will show the addition of yellow to my limited palette.



No comments:

Post a Comment