Monday 29 February 2016


Wake up.



Early Start   Oils on canvas board   8 x 8 inches 


Day two chasing skies.  Up early to catch the light over rolling fields.



Studio Musings...


I am loving my fresh clean pallete with room to mix colours.  This piece was created with Pthalo Blue, Permanent Rose, Lemon yellow and Burnt Sienna.
  Titanium White was used for the highlights with a touch of the other colours.

  I am trying to hold off using too much white as I work.  White tends to give a chalky appearence if used too much and for this painting the focus was on the clear colours of dawn.  The English landscape is quite soft in colour especially where I live on the East side so when there is a spectacular dawn or sunset the impact of colour is breathtaking.

No mountains to hinder the view, the East of England is a special place for this painter.

No comments:

Post a Comment