Saturday 5 March 2016


All is quiet.



Silent Snow   Oils on canvas board  8 x 12 inches   SOLD


It snowed today on the hills.
  The day is closing and the soft, muffled landscape shines with the sunset.


Studio Musings...


I love this piece...it very nearly ended on the bonfire but I rubbed the paint down, abstracted it a little more and now the atmosphere I was hoping for has appeared.

Rubbing paint off a failing painting can be a saviour and not to be feared.  Occasionally my work benefits from a drastic repair and the only way is to be firm.
  The work was created with a one inch brush yet I found myself tightening up. 

After rubbing down, a few flourishes with Titanium white tinted with 
pink and yellow set the scene.  Time to walk away and leave it alone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment