Tuesday 17 January 2017


More Tarn views.


Over the Tarn   Oils on canvas board   5 x 7 inches   £ 50   $ 70

Light and shade...a tonal point of view.

(Available from DailyPaintworks.com
or by email in UK)



Dawn over Tarn  Oils on canvas board  5 x 7 inches  £ 50

(Available from Artfinder.com)


Studio Musings...


Continuing my journey along the small route.
Each painting is triggered by a previous one which makes a more
cohesive collection.  I shall keep to my palette of colours for these studies...

Prussian Blue, Burnt Sienna, Permanent Rose, Indian Red,
Winsor Yellow, Naples Yellow, Cadmium Orange and Titanium White.

Mixing the blue and orange can give some interesting hues.
These are varied with the addition of the other colours.

My focus is on light in the landscape with the aim of making tonal studies.
I regard them as my 'sketchbook' on canvas.

  I prefer to wade straight in and push the oils around until an idea takes shape.
 Sometimes it can be the colours or the way my scrubbing makes marks.








No comments:

Post a Comment