Friday 3 February 2017




Coastal weather.




Winter Shore   Oils on board  8 x 16 inches   £ 75  $ 90 


Winter weather along the coast.
A study in muted colour, texture and tone.

(Available from DailyPaintworks.com
or by email in the UK)




Frost   oils on board  8 x 16 inches  £ 75

Winter along the coastline.

(Available from Artfinder.com)



Studio Musings...


 My recent paintings have been mostly cool blue, grey and brown muted hues.
When dry I applied a thin glaze of Raw Sienna and Burnt Sienna over the whole
surface to add a little warmth.  It also helps to unify the piece.

My paintings are not from life...they are 'home grown' and more of 
an abstracted reminder of what I have seen when out walking. 

I also prefer not to use photographic reference. 
Rather than become a slave to an image I like to
 portray an atmosphere trying to avoid too much detail. 
 I aim for a 'sense of place'. 

Plein air or studio?

Plein air painters are out in all weathers and I admire them for that.
However, I am a studio painter in winter preferring the warmth of my home.
 I also have a whippet for a painting companion and he likes the comfort of his bed.




Brodie  




No comments:

Post a Comment